Tuesday 13 July 2010

Un dîner franco-italien

Ha! What is this you wonder? Well, for one thing, it isn't a café table in Versailles, it's in Paris! For another, I'm sure you'll agree that these would have been perfect votive candle holders rather than water glasses but they were water glasses. You will, of course, have noticed that there are three of them. One was mine and the two others belonged to Trillian and VP of Livorno Daily Photo who are visiting Paris at the moment. Since all three of us are rather camera shy, the glasses symbolise an extremely enjoyable evening spent together yesterday! To see the glasses from the other side of the table, click here!
--------------------------------------
Qu'est-ce donc ? Ben pour commencer, vous conviendrez avec moi que ces verres étaient un peu petits pour boire de l'eau. Je m'attendais plutôt à y voir des bougies... Ensuite, ceci n'est pas une table de café versaillaise mais parisienne. Vous aurez bien sûr noté qu'il y a trois verres. L'un était le mien et les deux autres appartenaient à Trillian et VP de Livorno Daily Photo, de passage à Paris. Comme nous sommes tous les trois assez réticents à publier nos photos, ces trois verres symbolisent une très, très agréable soirée passée ensemble hier soir !

30 comments:

stromsjo said...

Ah, a mystic trio celebrating an evening of photogenic delight!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

I think that it is wonderful when bloggers get together. (I hope you weren't too thirsty.) :-)

Lowell said...

I just wish I could have been there -- amidst three of my very favorite photo bloggers!

Tash said...

A super-blogger meet-up. A toast to you all (with a bit of French wine preferably). The glasses are brilliant and so vibrant. I'd be trying to buy them from the restaurant.

tapirgal said...

I'm really happy to see this! It must have been great. Camera-shy is why we blog from the other side of the camera :)

brattcat said...

How wonderful! I'm trying to figure out who went with which color.

Bob Crowe said...

Ah, but we miss you! The people are the party, not the refreshments.

Dina said...

And from here I raise a 4th glass to you 3 wonderful people, Lechaim!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

what a fun way to celebrate, a portrait of a great evening with fellow CDPB

Small City Scenes said...

Oh what fu!! I wish I could have been there too.

The only time I was able to meet Ciel the horses tore down the back fence and I had to stay home and fix fences. Wah!!

So i am glad for the three of you. MB

Olivier said...

sympa ces rencontres en DP, mais c'est vrai que les verres sont pas grands, mais depuis le temps que l'on dit que la taille ne compte pas

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Bravo to all of you. I'm sure you had wonderful time.

VP said...

It doesn't happen every day that we make 'news'...

(My glass was the orange one)

Hilda said...

Love the colorful glasses — whether for water or for candles — and how wonderful that you met G and Trillian! I hope you all had great fun!

Cezar and Léia said...

oh gosh, WE ARE ENVIOUS here!How cool!
We are so happy for you all, great meeting!
Hugs
Léia & Cezar

Francisca said...

I'm sure the conversation was as colorful as those glasses. What joy!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful trio of glasses and people. Your photos this week, from the wedding to the flowers to the glasses, have captured so much energy and activity. Lovely.

Three cheers!

Jan
GDP

B SQUARED said...

What a great time you must have shared. Next time order a glass for me.

Woody said...

If' we're behind the camera, we can't be photographed :-)

Great idea for a photo.

Small City Scenes said...

Hi Ciel,
About your comment: Do you mean Macaronie?
Cute!! MB

T. Becque said...

How fun! I think it's great when bloggers meet. I'm planning on going to Europe next May, not sure where just yet, but where ever I end up I hope to do this too (well, I guess I should say if people are so inclined). Anyway, love the colorful glasses!

BaysideLife said...

How nice to meet those we "talk" with all the time. A wonderful way to spend an evening.

Kaori said...

Isn't it great how you can meet up with people all around the world? :D

Unknown said...

Cool! I've just visited VP and Trillian's blog now! :-)

Loree said...

I love the vibrant colours of the glasses. A great way to symbolise the three of you.

paulboo said...

They are rather nice aren't they!? Glad you all had some fun and laughs.

Sharon said...

How nice to get together. Love the colored glasses...so festive.

Sharon

A l a i n said...

symbole d'amitiés unique; pour le reste la publication des photo je comprends assez delicat.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very cool shot! How nice it must have been to met other bloggers. :)

Elisa N Viajes said...

Bien à toi pour cette manière d´ajouter quelque chose de vous à l´image de cette rencontre!
Bon dimanche et merci de ta visite chez moi.
Bisous
Elisa