Thursday 21 May 2015

Nuit des Musées 2015 : les œuvres à table

Musée Lambinet Nuit des Musées Versailles 2015
While waiting for the actors on Saturday and just before it got almost unbearably crowded for VDP, a very interesting slideshow of 'gastronomy themed' paintings through the ages was shown! What you see here is Frans Hals' masterpiece 'The Banquet of the Officers of the St George Militia Company in 1616'. VDP is a great fan of Frans Hals! Below is one of Gustave Courbet's still-lifes of apples and pomegranates in 1871. This little guy was enthralled by the slideshow!

En attendant les acteurs samedi, avant que la foule n'arrive, un diaporama très intéressant était projeté, sur le thème de la gastronomie en peinture au fil des temps. Ce que vous voyez ici, c'est le banquet des officiers du corps des archers de Saint Georges de Frans Hals, en 1616. VDP est une grande fan de Frans Hals ! Ci-dessous, la "nature morte aux fruits : pommes et grenades", de Gustave Courbet en 1871. Ce petit avait les yeux rivés sur les peintures !
Musée Lambinet Nuit des Musées Versailles 2015

22 comments:

Revrunner said...

It is an amazingly detailed still life.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful evening...

William Kendall said...

I'd be quite pleased to attend that event! The first painting's very familiar to me.

RedPat said...

I wish that we had Nuit Des Musees here, Ciel! Such a great idea.

Birdman said...

I guess you could say the old master has won over another young convert. Mesmerized.

Randy said...

Nice shots. Must have been a wonderful evening.

Bob Crowe said...

We visited the Frans Hals Museum in Harlem years and years ago. The Dutch are not shy about enjoying their food.

The topic makes me think of a fresco on the wall of a certain convent in Milan.

VP said...

An excellent way to spend an evening.

Kay said...

I think I'd not want to watch this on an empty stomach. (And I hate to admit how much food fascinates me.)

Sharon said...

I think I would enjoy that slide show. I can think of many paintings that carried a food theme.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I myself am mesmerised by the sight and thought of gastronomic delights.. Lovely moment captured here Ciel..

Anonymous said...

You have captured the atmosphere in there perfectly.

Thérèse said...

Une bonne façon de pratiquer un régime!

La cachette à Josette said...

voilà un thème d'exposition de tableaux qui doit être passionnant... toutes les natures mortes seraient mises en valeur !
bonne journée

Halcyon said...

Pomegranates are somewhat fascinating fruit. I don't blame the young guy for staring. ;-)

Gunn said...

What a nice and interesting event!

EG CameraGirl said...

I love it that the little guy was so interested in the slide show!

Lowell said...

Fun shots. I thought those folks in the first photo were getting ready to attack something...but no....

Karl said...

Interessant, Ciel, ihr habt auch die "Nacht der Museen" :)

Wayne said...

I was hooping the gastronomic themed painting were more oriented towards French pastry :-)

Small City Scenes said...

What a good time you are having. I seem to get overwhelmed by crowds too. MB

Loree said...

I am sure it was a very interesting evening.