Sunday 8 November 2015

Les souliers du roi en chocolat

Art et Chocolat Versailles chocolate shop Louis XIV shoes
Shoes. Louis XIV's shoes. Made of chocolate. Yes, that's right, the naughty brown stuff. And they are an average ladie's size, so not miniatures at all. Do you remember VDP's Hallowe'en post of a chocolate pumpkin and candle? It was here. At Art & Chocolat boutique, these shoes are directly inspired from history as seen below! Should you be in Versailles, the shop isn't very far away from the palace: it's located rue Carnot.

Les souliers de Louis XIV. En chocolat. Oui, voilà, en chocolat. Et à taille réelle.Vous souvenez-vous du billet de Hallowe'en de VDP, citrouilles et bougeoir en chocolat ? Il était ici. Chez Art et Chocolat, sis rue Carnot, les gourmandises sont directement inspirées de l'histoire...
Versailles  Louis XIV shoes
Crédit collage / Collage courtesy of Un certain regard, Dona Rodrigue Blog.
Art et Chocolat Versailles chocolate shop Louis XIV shoes
At Art & Chocolat, there are also books made of chocolate...

Chez Art et Chocolat, il y a également des livres en chocolat...
Art et Chocolat Versailles chocolate shop
...and sheet music...

...et des partitions...
Art et Chocolat Versailles chocolate shop
Art et Chocolat Versailles chocolate shop

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats incredible, absolutely fabulous, I would never had guessed looking at the pictures. What a wonderful place Versaille is...oh and of course smashing pictures as well, hope you're enjoying the weekend...

RedPat said...

That is amazing! Too beautiful to eat!

Wayne said...

The shop owners are over the top with their creativity. I'm afraid their products would not last long in my household!

Lowell said...

That's amazing. Who would ever want to eat that?

Come to think of it, some people might. In fact, I can go back in time and hear one of my students explaining why she was late to class. "I couldn't find my shoe! Then my mother admitted she ate it!"

mia more said...

I suppose your latest president Sarkozy is wearing such shoes as he thought to be a sort of despotic "little"King .

La cachette à Josette said...

on va pouvoir bientôt déguster la pantoufle de vair de Cendrillon ???

Gunn said...

Unique artistic work and too pretty to EAT :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, but chocolate or not I doubt I could eat one!

Thérèse said...

Quel art!

EG CameraGirl said...

I would feel very guilty if I ate those chocolate shoes. Obviously I have no royal blood in me so wouldn't feel worthy. ;)

Stuart said...

I'm sure you know the English expression "that must be true or I'll eat my hat". A chocolate one would make that a very safe bet.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haha! They are fabulous indeed Ciel but I can promise you no matter how fab I would still eat them in a flash :)

VP said...

Chocolate and music? Count me on...

Sharon said...

Those are works of art! What a shop that is. Those shoes are very authentic looking and I love how the men in the painting appear to be posing to show of their shoes.

William Kendall said...

Do you suppose anyone would notice if one of those chocolate shoes went missing? Getting rid of the evidence would be easy enough...

Loree said...

Those look delightful. I remember the chocolate shops when we were in Paris some years ago. It was close to Easter and they had these huge bunnies in there. I kept wondering whether people would actually eat them they look so amazing.

Halcyon said...

Almost works of art! I'd be too afraid to eat them. ;-)

SRQ said...

That's funny -- I cannot imagine eating a shoe…even if it's chocolate! Amazing pieces of artwork!